Road Type Mountain Pass
The old military road, A93, situated in the heart of the Cairngorms National Park in Scottish Highlands is what we call a perfect driving road. It takes you through the kind of sceneries you would expect to see on your drive through Scotland and it is one of those roads that barely has any traffic at all, because most traffic will be on the highway that runs next to the national park.
The A93 is literally in the middle of nowhere and that is why we like it so much. Bare landscapes, endless views over mountains, sheep and lambs grazing in the fields around you, and so remotely positioned that you might even spot deer or other wild animals.
In addition to the landscapes the road layout is fantastic with beautiful curves mixed with some rollercoaster-like ups and downs that makes you think you maybe should have skipped that piece of cake on your last coffee stop. A road that should not be missed out on!
For more information on these roads, download our FREE App that includes:
- 70+ of the greatest driving roads across Europe
- Comprehensive ratings and user reviews
- Google Maps with suggested start / end points
- Information on sights, stops and accommodation nearby
- A Trip Planning tool to help create a road-trip
- A Drive Mode feature to record your drives